View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #157
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Maybe some mold and 100 years of mouse & bat poop, too . I got two shots on my drive-by.

It was a good house with a large lot. It had a nice barn they took down a few years earlier. A few new houses are going up on a little new culdesac. I'm surprised the town allowed it. We have one of those brown "Historic Mt. Airy" signs out on the interstate. They tear this down to built ranchers that are all the same design on top of each other. The town is not a designated historic site, but still seems contrary the town didn't require a design that fit in, what with that sign they put out on the hiway. We have always had poor planning in this town. More like none from what I see, other than "broaden the tax base".

The dust caught my attention because I have to worry about a $5k fine (per violation) for not following the extremely ridiculously strict guidelines set forth by the EPA for work on any area about the size of a sheet of plywood on any house built before 1975. I don't know any other way to go about tearing down a house. I just see the hypocrisy in it all. If I replaced one of those windows there would be a list of a dozen things I'd be required to do. One would be lay plastic sheeting on the roof I have to stand on. "Hey OSHA, how do you feel about that one?"
Don't know about your state, but if you witness someone repairing an A/C unit and venting the refrigerant to the atmosphere, there is a $10k fine, which you can get a piece of. Maybe you can make a little egg money by showing those pics to the proper authorities. $$ There's sure to be asbestos, and lead paint, too.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote