View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 06:49 AM   #175
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

That 'thanks' shovel is my friendly way of saying 'No Trespassing'. Why come off like a curmudgeon when you can give a friendly warning of 'Trespassers get thanks'? A little left field on that one? Thought so. Actually, I have landscaped the steep bank on the opposite side of the road from my front porch. I put a "Please Do Not mow" shovel at the starting end and the "Thanks" one at the other as a 'carry on' message

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Well a deed is a legal document after all - gotta make it proper!
True. Too bad our king didn't acknowledge such deeds. Yes king. I never think of it that way because I only know post-revolutionary war. These were the first Europeans to 'forge west' into the mountains. About 1 1/2hr drive from Washington, DC today (in good traffic)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
This year our oldest son started college and our youngest son is a senior in high school. So, for the first time ever, wifey and I were taking lake trips where the kids begged off. So we called them day dates and went. Sunset Lake Martin AL.
Another nice sunset picture. Like a beautiful sunset at the end of a day, you and your wife are coming into the reward at the other end of raising your boys.

This may just be my favorite t-shirt. This is a real business that is in it's third generation. I used to deal with old man Rudy when I was young. That's what the sign says out front. A real welding shop with a beer sales (now wine and liquor, too). At one time it was the only beer sales license in the whole valley. The best part was it sat between the farm I lived on and town. If you can only have one convenience in a fairly remote area...
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote