View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #1103
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

A banner day at Cruisin' the Coast. Perfect weather and, because we got there at 0800 instead of 0700, we got the best heavily shaded parking spot in the venue! Thousands of cars.... Met and hung out with Malcolm (of 67MAL fame). He is from north Mississippi and is a fellow truck enthusiast from this site. Rode down to the autocross event which almost lured me in. Will do it next year when the truck is in better shape and we have a ride home in case it breaks. Speaking of breaking, got within 3 miles of the house on the return trip and the transmission went away. Almost like someone took it out of gear. Put it down in 3rd and limped home. My trans guy thought it may have lost power. So, this morning, I got up and started tracing wires. Nothing loose. Unplugged and re-plugged the ECM and transmission connector to insure could contact. Could not remember how I grounded the engine so I added a large ground between the GND mounting point on my alternator bracket and the strut tower. Happens to be the same location that the ECM grounds are bundled and mounted. Drove the truck for a bit and no codes. Let it idle for 20 minutes and it threw the P0101 code. So, based on laminar air discussions I've had with DSRAVEN and Malcolm, I removed the air cleaner and pulled the radiator filler neck out of the way to see if anything changed. Sure enough, the P0101 went away and lean codes (P0171 and P0174) did not re-surfaced. The fuel trim is down from 20 to 0 where it apparently belongs. Plan is to move my radiator filler neck out of the way and for now, install a cone type filter if I can get one to fit. Ultimately I'll move the MAF sensor to the end of a long-ish tube on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Although it is probably not my issue, I still have a fresh MAP sensor on the way and will change it when it gets here.

Name:  IMG_0185.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  64.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0189.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  41.2 KB
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote