View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: 60th Anniversary of the El Camino Oct 10,11,12.

I guess that El Camino build was real painless for you! Ya no good lucky s.o.................

I have thought El Caminos were cool since before I was old enough to own one or drive. As a boy into cars and building car models (born in '55) they fascinated me. Just like the Nomad Wagon, Cameo, and Corvette, factory custom concept vehicle sold at the dealership. First they were the two year only in that two year only fullsize body style. Very stand out. Then comes out the first time ever mid-size Chevy, the Chevelle/Malibu and along with it the El Camino comes back! I have never had one, always wanted one, not sure it will happen now. You never know, but that's the muscle car I will have if I get a chance to own one. A bone stock stripper 6cyl/3spd would do me just fine, 59-72.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote