View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #181
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Started working on the mounts for the fenders and radiator support. Seeing a couple different ways to do them from looking at other builds and mounting off of the side of the radiator support to the top of the S10 frame seem to be the easiest. I wanted to stick with an OE style bushing and mounting on the sides would eliminate the need for the braces under the hood. I looked around and found these on summit website made by resto parts. on their website they show them discontinued but there's a factory application so that helps if I ever need a replacement or want to buy another set. There's two bolts side by side near the bottom of the radiator support and one farther up that I used. I used 1/8x3 all the way around. Drilled a 1 inch hole in the bottom piece for the bushing and on the three holes for the side I welded the spacer on the back to clear the ridges in the inner fender. A couple gussets up two sides to keep it from folding and that was about it. Pretty simple. Nothing too elaborate.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote