View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 09:28 AM   #521
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

I left out the part about the NHRA media guy that kept coming by. We had spoken multiple times and he kept saying I was in the running for some award. Saturday we were in the top end stands watching some racing and on the way back he is chasing me down. He says he has been trying to call me but I left my phone in the trailer. Anyway I'm told to report to the lanes at 12:15 he tells I'd have to fill out a piece of paper for the announcer to read. Another NHRA rep shows up with the paper and a pen. There's a box in the floor of his golf cart. I asked if I could use it to write on he says sure. I'm sitting there trying to scribble something out and I'm apologizing telling him I hope it's legible. One of my buddy's says (That;s a Wally box pull it out) I said no it ain't mine. Anyway I finish writing my spill and I ask if Alan Reinhart will be reading it. He says yes so I till if he cant read it just add lib and go with it. After that they pull me out on the side road behind Q3 of Pro Stock and Pro Stock MC. I pull out with my GF Kristi riding shotgun in the truck nad Ken folling on the golf cart with my friend Tony's daughter Casey on the back. We sit there for awhile while they run the cars and bikes. Then they have some firemen with bagpipes play God Bless America and honor a young soldier that had received two Bronze Stars. Well then it on to me . What do they hand me? The Wally that was in the box! We get out and take pictures wit it and the the announcer reads all the info and we drive down the side of the track with me hanging my Wally out the window. They had me on the Jumbo Screen and everything lol. The award was the 2019 Never Rest Performer. I couldn't win a Wally racing this year but I got one anyway.

[IMG][/IMG]