View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 12:24 AM   #586
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I think you jinxed me Doc! Now my brake pedal is feeling weird and one channel of the A/F guage has gone to error mode. And it's raining again!

But that will let me know if my new fix of the door panel will work. I looked closer at the door side of things under the panel and noticed the factory seal had come unglued and dropped down a bit. (Photo #1 like the red line shown) I cleaned things up a bit and reglued the the seal. It appears that those crafty GM engineers planned for the seal bead to catch and guide the water to the drain slots where the water would then go back inside the door and drain out the bottom slots. None of which will happen if the seal isn't glued down in the correct place.
The second and third photos show the before and after pictures of the inside of the door panels and the duct tape mess that the PO used to hold the fabric and to trap water. I only cleaned up the bottom edge as I plan on replacing the current fabric once I get this wetness issue solved for good.

Sorry about that....... I never thought about the foam seal helping with moisture travel. I usually don't replace them. Maybe I need to re-evaluate my thinking on that. PO must have had stock in the tape company. I have never had much luck with the spray adhesives myself. Maybe he didn't either.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote