View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 01:40 PM   #164
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naphtali5725 View Post
nice build thread, excellent work!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
This has been quite the long haul for you. Impressive work. Glad I got the chance to get caught up on it. I will be interested to follow along as you turbo the LS motor and install it.
Thanks guys.

Got the balancer installed. I got the torque angle on the new bolt pretty darn close. I was worried about pulling the engine over on the stand..

I hacked away at all the extra stuff on the intake I didn't need. This was after I rough cut everything. I did sand it mostly smooth. I should have spent a little more time sanding off my grinding marks but it looks fine for this build.

Spent some time cleaning and painting all the accessories and hardware, etc.

I painted the intake, valve covers and throttle body to match.

Got most of the accessory drive stuff mounted. I realized I need a camaro tensioner to work with the wp so I ordered that. I decided to order a new ps pump as mine was severely corroded.

eBay fuel rails and Snake Eater Performance 80lb injectors installed.

Im pretty happy with how the motor looks. Doesn't look new but a vast improvement over the wait it looked when I got it.

Pretty close to being ready to pull the engine from the truck so I can get this sat in place. I drove the truck yesterday maybe for the last time with the current setup. Ill post more in the coming weeks.