View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #194
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

mom moved in this past weekend, and has about 200 honey dos.

this plumbing. sheesh.

a "wet wall" is a wall that has most of the main water and sewer lines running down it, you can usually find it because a bathroom/laundry room/kitchen will share a wall either on the same wall or on opposites sides of the same wall. well they wanted a bar so they moved the kitchen sink about 10 feet from the wet wall, no problem right? wrong

they apparently thought drain lines were under pressure, because why not? right? they rain the drain line under the floor joists to the main sewer line and hooked it right to the old sink tee in the main, 7" ABOVE the main. so the WHOOOOLLLE line, about 12 ft, worked like a giant p trap, completely full of water until the sink drain pushed out the standing water to equilibrium. there was a disposal hooked to the kitchen sink too, you can see where this is going, all the ground up solids stayed in the pipe. they could not get pushed through.

so my unlucky idiot doombass self, realizing the drain needed some slope, got to cut that line. about 3 gallons of 4 year old vomit water full of old rotting food squirted and spurted out as I cut it, some in a bucket but most on me. I cut down the tee on the main and cut holes in the joists to give it the right slope to not outrun the solids (1/2" over 10 ft). then I took several showers, burned my clothes including my shoes, and swore off food for a three day fast. YUK.

installed some doors, some lights, and a whole ton of honey dos. today I am "off", except I had to go by and do some sealing and move some furniture and and and. gma is very demanding.

made our deal with the insurance on the mini, somewhat fair anyway. truck work to resume. sorry for the continued distraction.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote