View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 11:47 PM   #12
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: The Neighbors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
I've got a "mixed" story. I have a neighbor across the back fence. For the first twelve years I lived here, he didn't speak to me. He would ***** to my wife or S-I-L who was living here at the time. I would say hi or whatever and he just kind of ignored me, until I saw his grandson shooting a pellet rifle in his yard. Even that I didn't mind, but when I found a squirrel with a pellet thru his head on my side of the fence... I called over to him that if I saw someone shooting towards my house, he better hope I shot back with something that made noise. When he claimed no one was shooting towards my house. I raised the Squirrell up and said, they don't fall this way unless you're shooting toward me. About 4-5 years ago, he was having some tree work done, he called my wife (remember he still don't talk to me) and mentioned how while they were working and doing cleanup they might need to access my yard. They worked it out between them and the tree guy and got our trees done at the same time (decent discount). During the tree work I just walked over and started talking to him. He's become an almost halfway decent guy since then, but I did have to force it.

The rest of the neighbors in my cul-de-sac are great. One of them is reclusive. three are pretty friendly and the other one has a schedule I worked in my teens, he works about 14 hours a day so we don't see him often but he is friendly (I have to say that since I always go to their Christmas party).
Some kind of candy-a$$ that can't talk man to man, and has to talk to your wife? First time he comes *****ing about something to my wife, he's going to wish he talked to me first! I'm at least nice the first time.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote