View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 09:29 PM   #210
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

I did the drivers door first, its a bit more finicky because the door edges are a little bent, but everything still shuts and works.

then I backed up a little and put the spacers on the front. here is a little info on that. on the left is the lug nut that comes with the spacers. on the right is the correct nut for the s10 wheels with screw on lug caps. neither of these is the right lug nut to attach the spacer to the hub. compare the length to the center lug nut, which is an ET (extended thread) lug nut. you can see its longer than either of the others, which means more thread length and a better grip on the stud. they dont come with spacers, you have to buy them, make sure to get the 19mm versions because they also sell them in 21mm versions and the socket wont fit in the spacer.

funny story, I was at the swap meet and a guy had a set of honda pilot wheels and tires for FIFTY BUCKS. good michelins, probably no TPMS because for 50 bucks why would there be TPMS. I picked them up for the wifes pilot, it has mismatched tires from all of her flats working on the house (random nails). well the bolt pattern is different, found that out when I took them to be installed, the 2010 pilot wheels are 5 on 120mm. i chucked one on the spacer just to see what it looked like, pretty good! oh and the TPMS sensors are installed. go figure!

but funning aside, I had the other s10 wheels. look close but fit great and turn lock to lock.

I picked up cotter pins for the front end and bled the brakes again. tomorrow is glass and closing out the interior, putting the nuts on the body mounts etc, maybe running board mounts.

stay tuned.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 11-13-2019 at 09:39 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote