View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 03:33 PM   #193
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials - Chapter 1 - Logging

alright now let's add the Tach, the Tachometer or as these guys like to call it Engine RPM

We will beat this horse to death whilst covering Idle Tuning but for now let's just add it and make sure it reads something rather than nothing while the engine is running. You may be able to sense something is wrong and find that you skipped Part II - Change the Tachometer RPM output to an 8 cylinder V8. under the very first Series - Housekeeping of this tutorial.

I highly recommend nice big analog tachometers that show you a nice needle sweep up and down, the downword sweep being important to catch what we call a hanging idle.

I learned my lesson the hardway that digital Tachometers suck, they usually do not show/change the two right most digits those always show 00 so you can see 500 or 600 RPM but never 525 or 650 type of thing
1. So once again either right click in the blank Channels pane and select Add Channel from the little pop up menu, or click the gray gear with the green plus + sign next to it on the top menu.

2. This will bring up a Channel Selector, so let's type Engine RPM in order to narrow down our choices, we could hunt and peck for it using the drill down method, but I find typing in what you want is quicker.

3. Then double click the Channel you want.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 11-17-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote