View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 11:30 PM   #218
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

thanks mark and jim, rusti they are 2.5". I have some camaro 18s that may end up on this and 2.5 will be perfect for them

windshield. IN. finally. it seems like either the front or the rear or the side windows will alternate problems, last truck it was the rear, this was the windshield. you have to shove around on the windshield to get the gaps right, slapping and pushing. dont slap too hard.

luckily I had a spare half, just one, so this time I waited for my wife to come home and help, and it went much smoother with me pushing and her prying.

one thing I have found though, is the center bar NEVER wants to grab with the stock screws, which are marginally long enough. so here is my trick, I buy longer bolts (usually 1.75" long but all they had was 2"), and lop the heads off and make it a through hole install.

then no matter how far away the rubber is, you can just use the hex nuts to pull it tight, trim the length, and finish with a cap nut. I suppose you could even install the stock screws one by one with it held tight, but I like this look anyway, and if I want to put a rearview mirror on there ya go, nuts/threads right in the right spot.

Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote