View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 05:36 PM   #53
1976gmc20

Re: The Neighbors...

Well, apparently some folks don't like me because I won't tolerate them running their stock on my land or letting their dogs run loose to kill and harass livestock. I can be the nicest guy in the world or else I am the guy that you really don't want to piss off. I am also the guy that several people say they will call if they have a "problem" before they call 911.

We have and have had some nice neighbors. The people who lived on the place just west of us for about 8 years were fairly well off. They acquired a bunch of animals (cows, horses, fowl, pets) over time but they still liked to travel a lot so we traded taking care of all of their stuff several times a year for them taking care of our place once or twice a year plus using their Kubota pretty much any time I needed. Then her RA got really bad and he got tired of commuting to the city so they sold out and moved to town. The new folks are "okay" but she is something of an uppity snob.

There's some more new folks beyond them but we haven't gotten to know them much yet, just talked a couple times and waved.

The folks to the southeast have almost a quarter section and they raise sheep but they build tight fences and keep their stock confined as required. If something does get out then it is a total accident and they will be right on it as soon as they can. Only "complaint" is that they are always ready to help folks but it is hard to find something to do for them in return that they will accept. Their son and new daughter in law now live in the problem place behind us that has the easement across our land.

There's a 20 acre piece to the east that has always been vacant, just a well and an outhouse and not even power running up there. To the north is the guy that lives on another road. He is no problem but the few times I've talked to him, I find him to be obnoxious and annoying. His "partner" died a year or so back, if that gives you any idea

There are big ranches 1/4 mile to the south and 1/2 mile to the east, so really the only problem right now is the previously described drug addict across the crick to the NE who threatened to kill me in September. The rest of the subdivision to the north and west of our little corner are pretty much far enough away to not care about.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote