View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #8
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Yall are gonna love this - Tesla CYBERTRUCK

Chevy had a hybrid truck, and while fine for driving around. Supposedly was down right weak when towing. Since the electric motor could potentially cook itself. I do not know this for a fact, but I did do side work for a few horse people. Who were asking me about diesels because I am a car person, and they brought it up as part of the conversation.

Also the hybrid only works in the city, and really did nothing for highway. Plus reduces vehicle weight capacity. While that may not mean enough to you it could be a deal breaker for others.

But more to the point I do not think a futuristic looking vehicle is what truck buyers are really looking for. I personally didn't but the Colorado since they made a C10 sized truck feel smaller then a S10. Since I did get a 18 Silverado it is one hell of a performing truck even with the base 6 gun. They would have to meet base 6 gun performance if you want to steal full size sales or any sales. Then give it a conventional layout. The I pad looking dash was epically cheap looking on there normal cars. Most people prefer knob, and dials to get ac or heat to work.

I get it people like insanely complicated dashes with interactive heat features, but most people do not. So if you angle at digital crowd your going to alienate the vast majority of truck buyers.

Although the return to the van/pick up layout is neat, and I am thinking I may do this to my G10 Van. Since I have to much rust to fix, and I am wanting to try to stretch my talent. The layout gives more bed per length of vehicle, but it is way to futuristic for me.

If I could get deported to the mid-60's I would be happy.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote