View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 10:13 AM   #10
WIDESIDE72

Re: Cheapskate 1970 C10 LS1/4l60e swap

I almost forgot, the only other “detail” is a bed! I scored a swb stepside bed a couple of years ago at the New Braunfels swap meet for $60(sixty!). It has a few rust holes in the curved portion of the bedside, but has a decent tailgate. The front panel was rusted out so i swapped one from a lwb stepside I parted out. Not sure if i have a photo of it or not. I will try and find or take a few. Im not sure why the guy was so cheap on his price. I had to ask himtwice and couldn't get my wallet open fast enough.

Ironically, all of the projects i have had have been stepsides, even though my “handle” indicates otherwise. I had a couple of Fleetside beds that I sold over the years, for good profit, but i should have hung on to one! Both of the previous trucks had perfect stepside beds, with no spare tire cut outs, so i went with them. One of the possible projects i might undertake after this current swap project is done would be to use the front and rear bed panels bed strips and wheel tubs from the donor tuck and buy some aftermarket swb bedsides and build a swb fleetside bed

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 12-03-2019 at 09:08 PM.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote