View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #6
msg

Re: AC on a 66 later in the build questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
You will need to remove the passenger side fresh air vent and block it off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
Your condenser sets in front of your radiator so it Hass to be installed first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoDave View Post
The sure fit kit is heat AND air all in one package and the blower handles both jobs.
These are all things I didnt realize. Im seeing now that if I finish my rebuild and keep the heater setup I have as a temporary fix for a year or two Ill have to remove the heater and hoses, put in a delete plate, remove the passenger vent assembly and put in a delete plate, and of course remove the pull knob for thrift heater and put in the new 3 slider assembly Im restoring. The radiator removal and condenser install has me wondering if I will have enough room to include the VA condenser or if I have to buy a new radiator as well. Ill include a [pic of what it looked like prior to the tear down.

Quote:
My radiator came from speedcooling.com and its a direct fit.
This may answer the above question.

Quote:
Push on weatherstrip is great and jute pad w/ soundeadener fits well under carpet. I also chose the "mass backed" option for the carpet which is of a thicker material. It is already jute padded in the footwell part and i carried it on to the back wall with a roll I purchased separately.
All good to know! Ill look into the Mass Backed option too.

Quote:
Edit: my vintage air works great in mid 90's ambient temps. It's more the 103+ days that work it pretty hard. But even as high as 108 on toward 110 its still fairly cool in the truck, but you do get the sweaty back against the seat thing going on.
. GA summers sometimes sees the triple digits, more commonly mid nineties and with the humidity theres nearly always been a sweaty back thing happening against the seat which I am hoping the VA will resolve.