Thread: 72 k20
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #174
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Re: 72 k/20

Well it’s been 6 months so i suppose I’m a little overdue for an update. It’s been a busy, slow six months. I moved the truck from one shop at work to another. About 2 years ago they moved me around a little bit. I work for an oil field production company, for those not in the oil patch know, we are the guys and gals who actually pump the oil and gas from the ground.
I used to work in the fields as a mechanic working on gas compression. Like I said about two years ago my job changed up a little and I was moved to my own shop and tasked with building compressor engines. I didn’t get around to moving the truck to my new shop until July but it is there safe and sound now.

As far as work accomplished: the clutch and brakes are bled, the engine wiring is finished up, the transmission and transfer case have been filled with oil also, the front and rear axles have had the oil changed and internals inspected.(no surprises) and... it runs and moves on its own power once more. The power steering and hydraboost fought a little when bleeding but I got that sorted out and both are working very well. It’s not quite road worthy yet but it is close. The old 350 started right up and purred like it had never been torn down or even removed from the truck.

For this phase to be complete I need to do the following:

Replace both pinion seals
Finish the interior as it’s gutted right now except for the seat (needs carpet, door panels, radio, insulation, new (used) factory steering wheel ect.
shim the sheet metal up some more and get the gaps a little better (they are all pretty close)
New door, windows and windshield rubbers
Front bumper, rear bumper need installed
Horns, wipers, installed and exterior lights checked
That’s about all I can think of right now. Sounds like a lot but it’s really not that much in the grand scheme of things.
Hydraboost and the hydraulic clutch are the two best things I’ve done to this truck so far I will say that.
More to come in the coming days!
Here’s a few pictures, I really didn’t take many over the last bit because it’s kind of hard to see the progress with the things I’ve been working on. This picture was actually intended for the camaro5 community, showing off the heritage grill on the camaro but after I took it I was thinking it shows two of my sheet metal babies off pretty good.
Attached Images

‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0

Last edited by 57taskforce; 05-25-2020 at 01:43 AM.
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote