View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 09:20 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Winter Caught Some Napping

In most of California the snow only fails in higher altitudes. The chains requirement begins at a certain altitude. People never ran snow tires there before "all season" radials were introduced. And that's where the chain requirements were put into place. In places that get winter statewide, Snow tires were a requirement.. Now they just spread tons of salt and brine, run hundreds of plows, and people run at least all seasons.

This storm isn't just snow, it's snow, then sleet, then freezing rain. No tire is good for that. It's best to stay off the road. People don't run studded tires because the roads get cleared so fast anymore.

That storm is coming here tonight. I'll just sit it out. They drizzled the nasty brine on the big roads last night.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote