View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: unchopping a chopped top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker View Post
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've posted. I do need your expertise on a possible project. My son is looking a customized 68 short step. The truck is solid, nicely equipped and priced right, but it is a bit more custom than his taste runs. Most of the things he's concerned about can be taken care of with a little money and sweat equity, except possibly the chopped top. The truck has about a 4" chop. I've never ventured into the roof area of these trucks but I think with a doner top it wouldn't be to bad to put back to stock dimensions. The doors would need to be either replaced or the tops reworked and all the glass would need to be replaced. I have a couple of cabs to use as reference for the dimensions. Am I overlooking anything? And how difficult is it to come by a good cab top? Thanks for taking time to read.

To answer one of your questions I wouldn't think it would be hard to find a decent cab or just a roof in your area. There should be a salvage yard or two down there that has older trucks. Start asking around at the older body shops or see if there is a car club in the OC area, go to one of their meetings and ask. I think I would do the roof replacement if it were me.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote