View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #11
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: unchopping a chopped top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker View Post
Thanks for all the input. I haven't seen this one in person but based on what I've heard it is a very solid truck that was restored/customized about 20 years ago somewhere in Oklahoma. Apparently someone built 3-4 of these at that time to sell. The truck has been garaged and barely driven since. I'm not really into the chopped top but if I had space I'd see if the chopped top grew on me as it sat in my garage getting all the smalls taken care of. I think that's what my son should consider if he's really wanting to get into one of these trucks. Get it, make sure it's safe and drive it for awhile. Down the road he can always do something with the cab or sell it if he doesn't fall in love with it. Not every day you find something like this. 68 Short Step, PB, PS, Factory AC and a BBC. Still doing some digging to know if this one is an was originally a BB. I know the engine is not original because the current owner installed the 427 but he still has the engine that was in it. Even if its not an original BB its still sounds like a pretty sweet rig. Thanks again.

If you get any pictures post them up. I had a chopped cab that I got with a parts deal, but it was chopped 5". Now I like chopped trucks but that was too much for me so I sold it. One thing you have to watch is, if the person that did the chop didn't know much about the '67-'72 pickups it will look funky. You have to take 3/4 to 1" more out of the front than the back or the door windows will be wider at the front than they are at the back when you look at it from the side. How much it shows up will depend on the amount of chop.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote