Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 06:50 PM   #500
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Looks great dude! Let us know how the Kwik mount setup works. I've been debating as to whether to go the high mount route or go low.
I have to say the belt was perfect, just the right amount of tension it looked like to me. The tensioner is right in the middle of its travel. But, we shall know soon enough when I fire this thing up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Just when I think you must be taking a break, you come out with a big ol productive post. Your battery cables really look fantastic man, maybe when I’m ready I can cut all of mine to length and swing by your place for a professional looking crimp job!? I love the jump studs location! It looks like it was meant to be. I’ll probably be “borrowing” that idea.

I was a little concerned about your wiring hanging too low and being in the way of the inner fender on the driver side. How did that work out? If it’s too tight do you have any room to slide the computer up enough to gain the clearance needed?

You’re killin it man, keeping me inspired and chompin’ at the bit to get back on my truck. On Thanksgiving Day our oven crapped out for good, so naturally a full remodel is in order. I’ve got it gutted now and starting back with new tile, sheet rock, counters and granite tops, etc... So close but so far!
Brian
Sure thing man, come on by and you can terminate those cables man.

And yeah, I did run into an issue but it's not killer, the wiring below the PCM fits pretty good, but its hiding my mounting screw that hooks to core support lol. I have the nuts welded on the back side of the tabs I welded to the core support. The bolt then goes through the panel from the front. So what I will do on just that one bolt is cut the welded nut off the tab, and I will use a loose nut that I can simply screw off from backside. It worked out because of the L shape hole I left to gain access to the headlight so no prob, I can just reach down there and unscrew the nut on back instead of unscrewing the bolt from front.

Dude kitchen remodeling is awesome, but it's also time consuming and lots o cash so I get it man Happy wife.....Happy life.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote