View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 02:51 PM   #40
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Anyone just skip the the bodywork and rebuild everything mechanical.

I agree mechanicals and elecrical & wiring first for practicality and safety reasons if you want to drive your truck. Once that is done and you go price out proper body work you'll probably say to yourself. Looks pretty good the way it is. Another fact is if you spend mega thousands on paint and body work there is good chance it'll become a garage/trailer fair weather Queen and if you take it to a Car Show you probably won't want to leave your truck alone to go around the show for fear some knuckleheads belt buckle scratching your paint when he/she is looking into your interior or some scrumpy kid that his/her parents let run loose so the little darling can express themselves runs his Hot Wheels or ice cream along the length of your truck. Was this a rant, as I really didn't intend it to be that.. I've done all the mechanicals, no not all there is always something to do, on the truck and would not be afraid to drive it anywhere and yes it looks good but its the proverbial 20 footer when you get up close.
Attached Images

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote