View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #15
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: LS turbo advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
Your recipe sounds awesome but maybe more than what I was planning. I'm trying to keep the truck kind of low key. Quiet and reliable. I don't want a big cam. I have a 224R in my 6.0 and the idle sounds good but rougher than I wanted. Never had headers before until my Dougs full lengths. I fought the ticking noise for awhile until I figured out that there are no exhaust leaks, the pushrods are the right length, nothing is broke, headers are just noisy. Put the Corvette manifolds back on and quiet again. I guess what I'm saying is that I think I can run mild boost on a 5.3 and not have an obnoxious truck. A friend has a Nissan GTR and that car drives like an Altima until you hit the gas pedal and then dear lord hang on. 600hp and AWD has made me a believer. And I'll have half the traction he does.

I do wonder though...is the Terminator X easy for a novice? I've paid for my last two tunes and I would think a turbo motor would be even harder to learn on.

Term X is hands down the easiest out there. Eventually you will want to get it tuned, but its a self learning system. You can start it, and drive it. Very easy to learn to tune with it also.

You can absolutely just freshen up a 5.3 and run 10lbs on it. The turbo will make the truck very quiet especially if you have mufflers on it. If you want to run more boost through it, those things i recommended arent very hard, or expensive.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote