View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 02:40 PM   #1
jesdude7789

Diesel engine swap

Can you guys tell me what are the best candidates for diesel swap into these trucks and burbs without too much hassle? I have done LS swaps 3 times now and I want to figure out diesel options for my suburban to give it new life and use it for towing more often. I see the 6BT cummins selling for well over 3 grand with high miles and no accessories on ebay. I'm hoping to find a combination that gets me some engine and compatible transmission for under 3k. My LS donors cost me 1600 at the MOST with transmission and accessories. I have pretty much the normal amount of tools required to fab and modify as needed for exhaust, wiring, etc. but I want to keep from cutting up the stock firewall and frame. Is there some oddball combo you might have seen like an international engine or forklift as a donor? haha I'm just not knowledgeable of the diesel world and what I could use that would be low maintenance and simple to repair when needed. I was looking at the 80s gm 6.2 diesel engine as well that came in these back then. I have never seen one in person or known anyone with one. Maybe the later model GM 6.5 or 6.6 from the 90s and 2000s?

Last edited by jesdude7789; 12-23-2019 at 02:50 PM.
jesdude7789 is offline   Reply With Quote