View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #178
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Merry Xmas Eve everyone.

Had another productive weekend and Monday on the truck.

Mounted the throttle cable inside the cab and to the engine. The cable was a bit too long inside so I cut it and installed a throttle stop and lock tighted the bolt.

Installed the stock ps hose with the adapter I got to match up with the newer GM pump.

I swapped out the a/c compressor tensioner as mine was pretty stiff and the belts rides sorta close to the turbo drain so I think its cheap insurance for $20.

I think Ive spent about 25 hours cleaning up and reworking the Holley harness. There were just a bunch of small changes I needed to make for looks purposes, wires I wanted to add etc. I know the engine bay still seems a little cluttered but there is a lot of stuff going on. I also want reasonable access to all of it incase I have any issues or need to add anything. In the end its a driver and not a sema build.

I did add the Matt Happel harness for the alternator and flex fuel. I had to add wires for the boost controller that I got mounted. Im trying a 4 port for whatever reason. lol. I also added a ground wire for the a/c kick input to the holley. I ran a switched wire to the core support for the pump for the a2w setup as well.

On the inside I had way too much harness. Like 2 feet worth. ugh. So I reworked and consolidated as much as I could. I ended up mounting the ecu on the heater box and routing the harness around the dash so that everything was out of the way but still accessible. I dont love it but it works.

All hidden

Mac valve mounted with a small bracket. Still need to run hoses once the wg is mounted. Im sad I have holes in the firewall from mounting the Sniper stuff.. oh well.

I needed to mount the coolant temp sensor from the Dakota Digital dash and didn't really have any place to install it. The rr corner was blocked by the downpipe. I'd seen guys install them in the waterpump so I gave that a shop. Worked really well. I even used my shop vac in the inlet so suck up the shavings.