View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 03:49 PM   #62
landarts
landarts

Re: 68 Second Chance

OK first of all decided to go for a little drive on Christmas eve over to the local store to pick up a few items need for dinner makings. This is the Fixrupr truck I finished last year right round Christmas time. I have replaced the starter in this truck twice in a year and I have probably only drove the truck a couple dozen times or the last year. The starters re Napa Auto remanufactured starters and that is my problem I am sure. So anyways when I got over to the store and ready to come home I tried starting and all it would do is spin but not engage. Rocked it back and forth, said a few cuss words, hopped on one foot while crossing my eyes and nothing worked so i had it towed back to the house. Pulled the starter off and the Bendix was not engaging from what i could tell. So I decided to search the forum here to see what a better solution was and it came up a few times to try this AC Delco starter that is half the size made for 71 Corvette. Part number was for AC Delco # 3737-1022 and Gm # on box is 88877121. Bolted it up and the cool thing is that it is now not so close to the headers and really light to install.

While waiting for another coat of filler primer to dry I decided to finish working in some patina sanding with a Scotch Brite pad and 600 wet/dry paper on the newly painted side mirrors. Also got a chance to try out my new rivet nut tool since I broke the old a while back. I think I like the look of the patina mirror and it seems to go well with the patina on the truck. I did knock down all the shine a bit and will buff over when I do the other side of the truck.

Photo 1 - Comparison of the two starters for size
Photo 2 - Using the new rivet nut tool for the mirrors
Photo 3 - Mirror after painting and doing little patina work
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote