View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #185
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Spent a couple hours on the truck yesterday afternoon. Wife got called into work for some double time so I figured I'd put some work in as well.

I had finished my bracket for the intercooler the other day so I went ahead and spray bombed it along with the intercooler and other bracket. So last night I went ahead and bolted them in place.

I heat wrapped the front half of the downpipe then insulted the lower half. I did this to try and keep as much heat off the evaporator box as possible. We'll see whether it works or not. The insulation gets pretty possitive reviews. It was pretty pricey for how little you get.

With the downpipe installed I was able to go ahead and install the wastegate and lower exhaust section again. I did weld another vband downstream the wg for the rest of the exhaust system. I did install a muffler and a hanger but forgot to take pics. I dont have any tailpipe at the moment. I may wait and see how loud the truck is before deciding whether I need a full exhaust or not.

Im waiting on some intercooler piping, some air intake parts and the radiator for the a/w so I hope to have some parts this weekend to tinker with. If not Ill probably start on the fuel system. Ill have to flip the truck around in the garage for that so Im hesitating.

more to follow soon.