Re: My 1st 68 panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Looks great!
Thanks Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Wow, that looks like a lot of work to me. I'm looking at a '72 Suburban a few miles from me but I will look it over extra good, if it is that bad I think I will pass on it. I know the Panels are harder to find than the Suburbans but I would have to give that a lot of thought. You are doing some Great work though.

LockDoc
What can I say. I wanted a panel bad at the time and this one popped up close enough to go get if I won but further than I wanted to go inspect. I bought by pics posted on the Ebay ad and needless to say it was not as advertised. Since i had already made the long trip and had already paid for it I went ahead with it. The bugger is, I have found 2 others that had way less rust since then, but I was already committed to this one in time & money. Besides, it never hurts to brush up on skills you have not used in over a decade it seems I think once I get past this front section it "should" move at a better pace, but we all know how that works sometimes.

Today I am trying my luck remaking the passenger side inner foot pillar to the correct width. I also need to get my doors out of storage so I can make sure seams are lining up close enough to button up the floor.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote