Thread: Coming home
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 08:45 AM   #17
mygmctruck1

Re: Coming home

Quote:
Originally Posted by weim55 View Post
Paint is becoming such an expensive commitment I’m starting to notice how rare it is anyone does a complete anymore. The whole ‘patina’ thing has its place I guess, but there’s nothing like fresh new finish. Enjoy the reassembly, looks like you’ll be driving soon

Steve weim55 Colorado
I ran across the guy who did mine via internet search . He came highly recommended . I called him , he looked at truck gave me a price I couldn’t believe . Way low for a decent body man. But after talking to him , he quit the body shop work to make some real money as he said. He is now a mill wright and does this out of his shop as a hobby. His estimate for cab corners , rockers , cab supports , front , rear fender rust and damage repair , hidden tail gate latches and tail gate work , install new cab doors , align all panels , prime , prime , paint and 5 coats of quality clear less than $10,000 he didn’t make any money that’s for sure. He sent me progress pic’s daily , told me to come over any time and look at his work . He did everything him self , He has a 2 wheel 68 step like mine but he’s going to leave it rough and make a sleeper out of it. With a blown 454 , 700r4 , Ford 9” rear end .
He’s a hell of a body , paint guy and has become a friend since he started. By the way he did everything in 6 months !
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote