View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 09:48 AM   #4121
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
The truck's looking great. Glad no parts blew off on the highway during the move. Looking forward to you resuming your regular reports.
I came VERY close to a serious issue though! I had it on the trailer behind my Uhaul van. At about half way we stopped for a bite to eat and I went around it on the trailer checking tie downs and stuff. I noticed that one of the front wheels was turned quite a bit! I looked under to find that I hadn't tightened up the ball joints and one nut was about to fall off! YEOW, that was something else! This was about half way, with the next few hundred miles through VERY desolate area with a hour between gas stations. It would NOT have been good that's for sure! We didn't get here till about midnight, out there at that time, that would NOT have been good!

To add to that my son was following me in his Miata. A few days after we got here he was out driving the car and the motor overheated apparently the head gasket blew! If this would have happened out there, holy crap!

Then to top it off, I had left my '65 Gran Sport at my old house in California to go back and get later. I decided to sell it, for a couple reasons, one, I had a full garage here and second, I it wasn't a "snow car" and third that drive, that drive, I was freaked about taking the Gran Sport with 15 year old tires (one of the tires had blown on the trailer bringing my motor to my brother just weeks before so that was in my head) so I went back to my house in California and sold the car out of the garage driving back here without it.

Well the guy who bought it drove it home 150 miles or so and around town a bit and WHAM, the friggin thing had a knock! To make a long story short the heads had to be pulled off to fix it! I would have been out on the highway in the Sierras when that happened if I had drove it here! HOLY CRAP did I dodge a few bullets!

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote