View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 07:16 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: Part time job ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
You probably don't want to drive, but in construction we need runners occasionally to take a jackhammer here, a hot saw there, a document somewhere else.
Look at Other Larry trying to give his job away. Watch out Mark, that semi-retirement can sure spoil you

I feel like I've been semi-retired since the great recession. First it was lack of work to stay busy as I used to and now it's just carrying a lighter work load. I'd like to keep doing what I do but do even less once my mortgage is paid off. But I also feel I'd like to get into doing something I never did before as a regular part-time job to keep the bills paid. In your situation, if you want to stay with what you know, you could go to these businesses that know you (still for now) and see what you could do with a schedule that suits you.

If I had the time I'd be all over my truck projects. You need to find some motivation there. I do the same thing when it's cold, talk myself out of going out to handle cold steel tools and parts. You can't rig up a heated area using plastic sheeting or tarps and portable heat? You can dress for the cold, but it's the cold fingers doing mechanics that kill it for me.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote