View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 03:32 PM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Daily Driver Classic Insurance

As far as tales of this company or that screwing people over goes, it's all of them. I've had good experience with Progressive and been screwed by State Farm. Give them the right circumstance and you'll find out. I got hit by a guy with USAA and they found a whole new way to screw me out of anything. I'll tell the story if people want to hear it, but I hear people praise them all the time. I know different. It has to do with me driving my older vehicle I keep regular insurance on to daily drive, and because it's old they only give me liability. To me, that is the issue. There should be a way to fully insure an older vehicle for regular use. I don't expect it to be as cheap as classic. Heck, I pay 4x as much for liability on that one than I do for classic full coverage with towing and even spare parts and tools insured. Same with my Harley, cheap great coverage. Daily driver insurance costs more, ok, I understand. But give me a chance to decide if I'm willing to pay the cost for full use full coverage on my older vehicle that "I choose" to drive. It's as if the insurance industry has the right to decide how old of a vehicle I drive. Oh sure, I can drive what I want... as long as I'm willing to go out on a limb and risk great loss. Been there done that and it sucks.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote