View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 08:34 PM   #257
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

I struggled with the first windlace I bought for the cab of the '49. It was the correct tan/grey color. I assume do to the color it is more of a vinyl as opposed to a rubber composition. It did not want to bend in the corners. I spent about 3 hours fighting the passenger side last weekend. Yesterday I ran to KC and bought the black stuff...turns out, Classic Parts carries the Precision brand in the black! Took less than 20min to put in both sides with the good flexible rubber. Both doors were pulled off and have new window channels and the weatherstripping that runs on the outside edge of the door to seal to the cab. Also installed new stainless bead seals that keep the window from rattling when it's down. The only thing I'm waiting on now is the correct outside window sweeps for the doors. Once those are here I can put the windows back in and button the doors up.

For the record, 3M weatherstrip adhesive is 10x better than the Loctite brand.

My aluminum door panels came in, I'm still up in the air about what to do with them. Leave them raw aluminum, paint them to match the champagne interior color, cover them with the material that will be used for the seat, or paint them blue to match the carpet/seat. Carpet should be here tomorrow, I ordered some Superflex material and some 40oz jute to go underneath.

Looking forward to having this part wrapped up so I can start on the HVAC setup.

I'd say the channels were completely worn out!

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote