View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #46
cornerstone

Re: Part time job ideas

I forgot to mention another option that I have also been considering for part time work. Living out past the suburbs in an area that was "country" when we moved to our current home, there has been consistent residential growth. Like many of the others near me, my place has a long unpaved driveway. It's a continual job keeping the surface pothole free, and from getting so choppy your teeth don't shake out of your face. Several years ago I was buying 12 yard loads of roadbase for 150 a pop, sometimes up to 5 or 6 deliveries a day while I would spread it out waiting for the next load to arrive. This would be once or twice a year. After a rainy few days it'd need the box blade run over it again to smooth it out, and get a slight crown on the road to allow for better drainage.

Last year my brother bought a brand new dump trailer that was small enough to be towed with his 1 ton diesel 4x4... I think it was about 8 grand. Between his place, my place, and all of our friends and family that thing could potentially stay busy 24/7. I think its already paid for itself just with people forcing him to take some money for the help he provided them. He is a giver at heart so its a struggle for him to take any money.

After I get my retail furniture store closed for good in the very near future, It's my plan to march straight over to the same dealer and scoop up a new dump trailer. Think about it...If you have a rock/ sand/ gravel yard close enough to make sense, and don't mind hauling a heavy loads, there's relatively easy money to be made. The most conservative figure I come up with would be 300 gross profit a day minimum with only hauling 3-4 loads. With some hustle and good circumstances, I believe the potential is there for 800.+/day. My plan is to offer additional skid steer services and haul off as well. Who knows, maybe I can become an other other Larry.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote