Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #532
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
I have a question regarding your power steering set up. Looking back at your post #497 you mentioned,

"Ended up going with a 2005 Silverado pump. It had the best angle for return line to end up above the frame rail. It also had the right studs on back for L shaped mounting bracket. I ordered the Holley extended replacement high pressure fitting. It converts to A/N. Very nice piece".

I'm wondering how this Earls fitting is working for you? The Earls part 961961ERL is made for Corvette style Type II pumps and not the pump you have. The type of pump that you have would use a fitting more like the Earls 961955ERL.

I contacted Holley Tech support today to ask about this because I would like to use an adapter like you did on my pump. My pump is the same as yours, but they told me the Earls 961961ERL long adapter would NOT work.

You can see that the fitting on the end of my PS line has a small O-ring at the end, which is similar to the Earls 961955ERL and not the one you used.

This is the line that came off of my power steering pump. Note the bottom and O-ring are nothing like the Earls long adapter.
Attachment 1975790

I think what you may have missed is that I took the"Complete" assembly/fitting out of the pump. The high pressure line is what your showing with the small o-ring. But then if you look on the pump there is a larger nut surrounding the female fitting that unscrews the whole fitting out of the pump completely. This is how I installed that extended AN fitting. See my pic below. Red points to old pump with line. Blue points to the whole assembly/fitting you can remove.
Attached Images

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote