View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 04:20 AM   #4
66_C20

Re: Planning Out Electrical/Wiring for a Harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
I used the American Autowire update kit on my 66 c10 and it is great. The instructions are easy to follow and all of the wires labeled. It was my first time wiring a truck. It's a big job but very rewarding when you're done. You will have all of the extra circuits you need for any electrical updates you are planning. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
I have done a couple with that kit and have one for my suburban. Follow the instructions and make sure you have the crimpers before you start. Do the alternator when you do the harness. Get some wire wrap, electrical tape. adel clamps, tie wraps and some of the factory style wire wrap tape. Practice starting the wrap and tying of the ends. I use the plastic wire wrap for runs along the frame and places where I want to protect the wiring and the factory style wrap for under the hood for a nice original look.
Jimmy
Thank you both for your comments, I’ll definitely take your advice into consideration during the install. Is there a vendor for AAW here on the forum that I could use or would it be better just to order direct from them?
66_C20 is offline   Reply With Quote