Re: 59 Disc brake upgrade

Thanks for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
stock solid axle?
Yep

Quote:
want to keep the same wheel bolt pattern as the rear?
Preferrably. 6 stud.

Quote:
gonna use a proportioning valve from a different vehicle with roughly the same set up or go with an adjustable proportioning valve?
I'm quite happy to use an adjustable proportioning valve. Had to implement one on my '70 C10 having done a similar assisted disc brake upgrade on it.

Quote:
you should know if you want power or manual brakes before you buy the new master cylinder because the bore diameter of the master cylinder can be a different size for the two and a larger bore with manual brakes equals more pedal/leg effort to get the same amount of braking. a smaller bore is easier to push but displaces less fluid so the pedal travels further down to get the same amount of fluid displaced.
Understood. I would prefer to have vacuum assisted brakes.

Quote:
you will need a new master brake cylinder because the stock one is a single system, meaning it only has one circuit in it to operate front and rear brakes. if you lose one of those systems due to leak or whatever then you lose both front and rear brakes at the same time.
Did not know this. Dual system is a must. Braking is not to be compromised on.

Given the above, what would the recommendation be? Perhaps this ? : https://www.classicperform.com/Store...s/5559CBK6.htm

Could I use the hardware from a 73 onwards with a bracket?

Chev: '70 C10 (350 V8 / 700R4 ) & '59 Apache ( 235, 3-sp )
Jensen Interceptor '74: Mopar 440(EFI'ed) / 4L60e
Jaguar: '72 E-type Coupe V12 & '74 E-type V12 Convertible & '80 XJS V12
BlouDon is offline   Reply With Quote