View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 12:49 AM   #293
TA_C10

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
This AC puzzle is going to be fun (insert sarcasm). I bought the unit for the interior in 2005. It is the cable version VA offered and uses my stock AC controls. The downside is making connections from the evaporator to the firewall is going to be a challenge for room. I bought the VA hose kit, but I am finding that very few of the fittings will work for what I need to do. I'm not sure I like the compressor fittings and the service ports. Going to be a lot of trial and error.
Yeah I feel your pain on this. I ended up heading down to the hose supply and rummaging through their parts bins to finally find the angles and fittings I needed to make it all work. Still wasn't how I would have done it if I went full custom but it's gonna be just fine for a daily. But as nice as your doing your truck, if I may, I would go buy my own hard lines and bend them just the way I wanted them. Then do the fittings just how I wanted too.

I've seen some pretty nice setups on here, hidden and not hidden. Good luck sir.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote