Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 01:02 AM   #537
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
I've got questions on your VA package:
-What are you doing for controls? I know VA will sell you a repro control panel and they have some universal control panels for big $. The previous owner drilled a big hole in my control panel so I don't think I'll be able to use it unfortunately so I'm looking for other options.
-What compressor mount kit did you go with? I know Kwik has the new bracket and Dirty Dingo has a bracket too.
-Was your truck a factory AC cab? Or did you cut the holes in the dash for the center and side vents? Did your kit come with the diffusers for either of those situations?
I bought the surefit gen IV kit for our trucks. I'm using the original heater control panel with VA conversion. That sucks you got a hole going through yours. Maybe you can find another control panel on ebay or somewhere similar for cheap?

I went with the QWIK mount that VA sent with their mid mount setup. I bough the kit before I knew about the QWIK bracket issues. But i'm not too worried about that, If it doesn't work out I have no reason to believe VA won't fix the issue. But, I have seen the dirty dingo mount an it looks nicer imo.

My truck was a non-A/C cab, I had to drill the holes. Too bad my pics broke way back in my thread I showed how I cut the dash. Let me know if you need any details.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote