View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 10:36 AM   #42
jmader

Re: 1968 Anniversary 4x4 Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Ding, ding, ding, you're a winner!!!. An Olds Q-Jet it is!!!
Weren't the front inlet Chevy carbs, big block carbs???

That Olds carb may be a very good carb to have. I believe it's an APT carb, a big plus and I don't think it has the huge air bleeds in it like many O.E. 80's checvy carbs did.
You could get a shorter fuel filter inlet nut, (not sure if the shorter filter would be able to be used, doing so, but an inline filter could be used). The shorter nut may allow you to bend a steel line around from the side easier, and keep it away from the thermostat housing, easier...

www.Cliffshighpermormance.com can set you up with all the needed parts for that specific engine, and can convert it to an electric choke.
Cliffs knowledge and huge available amount of parts can allow him to calibrate that or any carb for it's specific engine it goes on, even jets and metering rods (the originals are likely worn...) He sells a kit that allows one to install new bushings in the primary throttle shaft plate, a mod that is always needed...
I appreciate the info. It runs good enough for now but this will all be helpful when I have the time to start fixing it.
1967 GMC K15 Project
Build thread-
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...72#post6502772
1968 Chevy Anniversary K10
1991 K5 4" Lift 35's (the wife's toy)
jmader is offline   Reply With Quote