View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 10:31 AM   #22
C1ph3r

Re: Another power steering conversion question

I wanted to post a follow up to this dilemma. I got it worked out. Thanks to everyone for all the input.

I went by the Truck Shop to talk to them about my options. Keep in mind, the pulley I had came from them. According to the gentleman helping me, he's usually pretty good, this was the only single pulley they sold and that it would be the same across all their parts catalogs.

So I ordered a "deep dish" pulley online that set the groove to where the inner most groove would be on a double pulley thinking that would do it. Wow was that way off.

Out of frustration, I took the pulley I bought from them originally, the new deep dish pulley and my pump to them to do some comparison.

Low and behold, the pulley that this guy (different person), brought out to me, was exactly the one i needed. It set the groove just far enough back to align properly. I have attached the first pulley they sold me next to the new correct one. Correct is on the left and wrong is on the right. Correct one is not deep dish style or set back.

What a wonderful thing power steering is. What used to take loads of effort I can now do with 1 finger. And my original manual box was so ratted out I am going to have to totally change my driving. Everything is so much tighter now. And way more sensitive to input.
Attached Images