View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 02:51 AM   #29
FirstOwner69

Re: DG4 Below eyeline mirrors, replacement elbows and mirror heads

Let's talk elbows...
As Pete mentioned in a post above, the G series vans used similar mirrors at least through 1978 or 1979. The mirror heads were the same. The brackets look similar to the 1972 version but are different otherwise. The elbows are the same in one dimension but shorter in the other dimension. This allows mounting the head so it's closer to the door which makes the mirrors a bit less obtrusive.They are tapped for bolts rather than having studs for the acorn nuts. Those I've rescued are stainless rather than chrome plate so they don't rust and can be polished to a high shine. That's what I have currently on my truck. See picture 1.

Other elbow sources (also tapped stainless) include Fords with camper mirrors into the early 90s and, if I recall correctly, some Dodges. Dimensions my vary.

Obviously, all these tapped elbows require using a screw-in stud if an acorn nut is desired. I used cutoff stainless bolts.

Mirror heads...
I've also found these on the Fords as well as Dodges. Some have the letters "da" followed by what appears to be a maple leaf stamp on the stainless. See Picture 2. Some have been offset, some centered.
Attached Images

FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote