View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 03:05 PM   #2092
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
I hear that man... I wouldn't have made it half as far as I am so far and I'm nowhere close to your build. This forum has led me to so many resources I'm so grateful.

Gringo your truck is sounding good, sitting good, and rolling good. Thanks for giving back man.

Much appreciated. This is why we’re here. You guys get me, others maybe notsomuch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
I'm glad you didn't crush that beer...with the bumper. Truck looks and sounds great.
Thanks for the kind words. No beers were harmed in the making of the photo, afterwards however...
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay68c10 View Post
Sounds great and looks great!
I can't wait to be shifting thru the gears in mine.
I did a mid-shift conversion on mine, and just by feel (on the bench) the shifter throws are a bit shorter than in the rear position. Maybe so you can have a longer lever and not end up with a huge throw.
Thanks man. Yours looks like a cool project. That mid-shift kit is definitely taller than the stock shifter, likely due to the short-shift pivot. I think mine will be ok with a different lever, though I may still do a Pro-5.0 shifter if I feel it’s needed.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote