View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 08:50 AM   #131
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Daughters 68 step...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
So she's rolling with no AC? Or is that to come later? You mentioned possibly a wood flatbed for it. I thought you'd probably go with a short wheel base stepside since it was originally a stepper. Does your daughter have any preferences for her truck? Did you decide against the 60/40 seat?

As for right now no AC but I have the pulleys installed so when I do add it though. It will either be a Classic air system are a under dash unit. I'm looking real hard for a GM under dash unit for my ramp truck now but not had any luck.

Yea I had thought about a wood flat bed but not going to happen. I'm suppose to be going in the morning to look at a stepper for it complete. The weather here is not cooperating at all though. We are under freezing rain & snow today had bad storms all week long with flooding. The bed is 3hrs away so I'm not sure when I will go. My daughter has her input on all of it but I'm the one buying it so I have final say!

As for the seat I had the 60/40 but it was so nasty I gave up on it. The drivers seat was fine but the passenger side was so nasty it just wasn't going to clean up well enough to use. The more I cleaned on it the worse it looked. It just kept smearing into it.
Right now the original is in it but I went this past week and got a full bench out of a 91 like my ramp truck. I taking it to have the cleanup shop get it ready. I'm hoping he can do a better job than I did on the other one.
I may have to recover it but for the price I got it for I can't complain. Time will tell.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote