View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 12:44 AM   #240
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials - MAF Scaling - Calibration

MAF Scaling - Calibration

Once we have the Channels and the Graph in the VCM Scanner configured we need to go back to the VCM Editor and write the 01 - MAF Calibration - Setup.hpt file to the PCM. We should all be familiar with how the write aka Flashing works by now.

Then once the truck is warmed up, I like to switch to the VCM Scanner on my laptop and drive out to a place with no oncoming traffic and no stop lights, and start my calibration drive. I start driving and then press the start recording on my laptop. Then I just drive around without going into WOT. You do not need to stare at your laptop while driving. When done maybe 10 or 20 minutes later, stop the scan before you stop the drive, then come to a complete stop somewhere safe and save your log so that your laptop battery does not die.

Top Tip: if you start seeing numbers in the double digits like 13.60, 14.50, or 15.30 then you can increase your MAF calibration by something like 10%. You would do this by going to the MAF Calibration table in the VCM Editor selecting the entire table and then type 1.10 in the box on the menu and hit X to multiply. I make this suggestion right off the bat because it is dangerous to be that lean. Remember it is better to be a little rich like -2% than lean, and double digits lean is bad. So don't over think it, if your numbers are 17.20, 18.90, or 19.20 then increase your fueling by 15% so multiply the entire table by 1.15, kapish, get out of the red zone ASAP.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 02-10-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote