View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 01:19 PM   #310
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

Quote:
That looks really good man. I really like the bulkhead connector. I wish I knew about those before I got started. And tell me about your hose routing under the compressor, did you just want those tucked under compressor? I'm trying to figure out how your gaining anything tucked so far under when the rest of hoses will be coming across the inner fender. I like where your going with that is what I'm trying to say. And maybe you can just polish the compressor yourself? I wouldn't think it would be too hard? Or perhaps sell yours and get the polished. Cuz I agree, all that shiny would look sweet.
I'm not sure where I'm going with this yet! LOL That is the problem. I want the four hoses to lay as close to the frame and inner fender as possible so I am trying to get the down in that direction. I may end up rolling the compressor back up and see where the fittings land. The only hose I see giving me fits right now is the one that runs to the condenser. I thought about sending this compressor back to summit and ordering the polished one. I assume they would take it back. I may try to sell this one...dunno. Polishing this one sounds like a lot of work
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote