Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #550
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Here is some pre-work on battery and cab grounding. Not completed yet.

The battery box has sharp edges(sorta) so I may modify it. Or I may be ok just using extra protection on the cables. Decide on that later. I'm not using an optima either, going a little cheaper AGM with side posts. This is how i'm designing my cables so you will have to use your imagination for now. Yes ground cable at battery side isn't crimped yet, i'm waiting till I get my new battery so the cable is just right. I didn't think of that on Power side but I think the length will be just find there. This is a drop-box so the cables need to be long enough to adjust for this.

This is where I mounted the Vintage Air circuit breaker. They designed their harness with this pre-located in the wiring and this design was obviously for a front engine located battery so I had to cut it out and redo the harness for my rear-mounted battery. No problem there. But the directions specify close to the battery and direct connection to the battery for the grounds. So I have a large stud going through the frame left of battery, this is my main battery grounding. 1/0 awg wire off battery to this. Keeps the battery clean. I did however go ahead and run the VA power wire directly to the battery but it will be the only additional cable directly routing to battery post.

For my cab-grounding, I ran a 4awg from main grounding stud(frame) to one of the old internal gas tank mounting holes and ran a bolt long enough through it clamping the 4awg feed underside, which grounds the cab for me, and then on top enough threads to connect both my main ground buss on firewall and in the future, another 4-6 awg ground straight to amplifiers whatever they may need.

I used a 10awg wire routing up to the firewall buss lead.

I think this should work out. I may need a filter on the ground line for radio signal interference in speakers but we shall see.

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 02-14-2020 at 02:16 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote