Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 11:15 PM   #558
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - In-Dash mounting plate - Dakota Digital Control Box

So I posted earlier the beginning of this idea, now I finally completed it. I pulled the plate back out of the truck and mocked everything up. Came up with a plan for the BIM-01-2 box, OBDII setup, and my LED brake lights relay for "resistance". More on this later.

For the BIM module, this was easy, I just drilled and tapped the plate for some screws.

For the OBDII setup, I purchased a splitter so I could mount both the BIM module up inside the dash plugged in, and another OBDII plug under the dash like modern vehicles have. I also took into account that I may need to reach up and access the BIM plug to "unplug" it if I can't use bluetooth scanner tool at same time as dakota digital. So this is what I came up with. Pictures pretty much tell you what I did.

Here is how I mounted it. I just had this laying around. I welded it to the back of the plate. The bolt and washer fit perfect through it. I ended up laying down 2 coats on both sides. VHT roll bar paint.

I think it turned out pretty good. One thing I have not done is test the new gauge panel installed yet.... It better fit....

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote