View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 06:11 PM   #33
HellaciousA

Re: "Burrari" my first project, 70 c10 swb

So here we are, budget is pretty much tapped out as I need to save for a house to move again. I have a Holley Dominator, and nice aluminum radiator and some other odds and ends. I really need to get a driveshaft made, but here's where I am stuck in terms of the sequence of things.

I can't finish the body work myself as I am not skilled enough. I need to set the truck at ride height so I can set the pinon angle and take proper measurements for a driveshaft. Well to do that, I need the right size wheels, which I don't have, nor can I afford (planning on CCWs). Thinking of wheel diameters between 18-20", but I want to run at least 10-12" wide square setup on all 4 corners (hoping for 315 tires).

Cab needs to then come back off so I can seam sealer and undercoat the underside. Then, it can go on for good. I figure at that point I can continue with trying to get the truck to start, stop, and steer. Then I need to buy a bed assembly and maybe drive it like that for a while to get the bugs sorted? Or should I just stick to getting the metal work done? I can't find a bodyman nearby who does side work and the guy who was helping me is 2 hours away.

Here's some renderings of my end goal that I had done by Hermance Designs:

2014 Cadillac CTS-V Auto

Last edited by HellaciousA; 02-23-2020 at 06:17 PM.
HellaciousA is offline   Reply With Quote